The holiday season is here, and so are the tasty treats it brings. A classic Christmas flavor combo, chocolate peppermint bark is an easy, no-bake sweet treat that’s great for gifting–and even better for snacking! With a simple ingredient list, a little prep, and a microwave, you can transform basic chocolate and peppermint into a quintessentially Christmassy peppermint bark everyone will love!
12 ounces of white chocolate
16 ounces of semisweet chocolate
1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract
Topping: 1/4 cup of chopped peppermint candy or candy canes
Measuring spoons and cups
2Microwave-friendly sized glass bowl for each flavor of chocolate
How to make your own bark:
- Line your baking sheet with parchment
- Add white chocolate to a bowl and semisweet chocolate to the other
- Add a teaspoon of peppermint extract to each chocolate. for less peppermint, add to only one type of chocolate..
- Microwave the semisweet chocolate at 50% power for 90 seconds.
- Stir, and heat for another 30 seconds at 50%, stir until smooth. Repeat on 50% power as needed. DO NOT HEAT AT FULL POWER
- Pour melted semisweet chocolate onto baking sheet, smooth out.
- Repeat steps 2-5 with the white chocolate
- With a fork or a toothpick, swirl the two layers. Swirling allows the layers to combine, and makes the bark easier to cut later.
- Sprinkle with crushed peppermint topping
- Cool or chill for 30 minutes to one hour
- Cut, serve and enjoy!