Summer is a great time to hit road, and track down some fun. These simple tips for packing your car will make you a roadtrip rockstar, and will ensure you have fewer bumps on the along the way to summertime fun.
1. Clean out your car to ensure you’re starting with as much open space as possible.
2. Pack the night before to avoid rushing.
3. Fit as much as possible into each bag to save room.
4. Instead of taking a huge suitcase, pack smaller duffel bags for each passenger.
5. Designate one person to handle packing the car.
6. Start with a strategy. Approach trunk organization like a puzzle, and begin by packing larger, regularly-shaped items first.
7. Then, fit medium- and smaller-size bags.
8. If on a long road trip, pack one separate overnight bag with everyone’s clothes for the next day.
9. Pack another bag with all toiletries needed for the next day.
10. Fill an activity bag for the kids: crayons, coloring books, mp3 player, DVDs, etc. Make sure the bag is easily accessible.
11. Pack a separate snack bag to keep up front; individually packaged items work best.
12. Bring a trash bag to keep the car organized in between stops.