This year Daylight Saving ends on Sunday, November 1. As the saying goes, we fall back one hour each Autumn, and while many relish the additional hour of sleep that follows, the extended darkness can be a downer. Before we let darker days get us down, lets plan to make our homes even brighter and cozier with a little design savvy.
Adding accent lamps throughout your house is a stylish way to combat the effects of Daylight Saving. From cheery table lamps to glamorous accent lighting, we’ve put together some fall favorites that beat back the darkness doldrums with their warm, inviting glow.
To get started, shop lamps that reflect your style, and meet your lighting needs. Lamps with 3-way switches allow you to control the lighting level, and can be adjusted for those dark fall hours. When choosing lamps, pieces that double as home accents will illuminate your space and style: Interesting base shapes, striking shades, colorful components, and one-of-a-kind designs can make all the difference during Daylight Saving, and year-round. Here are a few of our favorites:
- We LOVE the look of the Draper Table Lamp. Featuring mid-century style, this wrought iron lamp elegantly arcs and hangs to provide both ambient light, and the perfect amount of light for a cozy fall evening in!
- The Edison Table Lamp evokes the best of fall. With a warm copper accent on its base, and a natural round shade, the Edison combines organic elements with a touch of glam. Put this striking lamp on an end table next to a favorite chair, and cuddle up!
- Lamps come in all sizes and styles, and we love the cylindrical Quatrefoil Table Lamp. This column lamp gives off generous light, and adds visual interest to your space. Shed some light and a whole lot of style with this lamp on a hallway table, a sofa table, or anywhere you like!
- With a more traditional ceramic-inspired base, the Charlotte Lamp in Cream brings warm, rustic style along with ample lighting. Great on a nightstand or end table, the Charlotte is a versatile accent in any space needing some light.
- Wow! The Ogee Table Lamp is a light looker! The open, airy sculptural base is eye-catching and elegant. Put this lamp on your favorite table, a desk, or in a reading nook and let its light shine.
- The Riley Beige Table Lamp is the go-to lamp for any room or area needing some lighting. It is versatile, stylish, and brings a whole lot of style without being overpowering to your existing design.
- The Riley Orange Table Lamp has got to top our fall favorite list for its color! Bold orange screams the season, and the geometric shade adds a pop. Bright, lively, and fun, this chic lamp is sure to cheer any space up.
- Lamps are great on end and side tables, but when it comes to adding lighting to your space, it’s great to get creative! Using a piece like the Retro Barstool as a stand for a lamp is a fun, simple way to allow for more lighting in more ways.